Thread: 350Hz Metal Powerball

Red face 350Hz Metal Powerball

I wonder if the 350Hz metal Powerball is much heavier to run coimpared to the
    250Hz type. I read it is told to be 2 times heavier , but does that mean while running or when its not in "action" ? I also wonder when and where i can get this one. I havent seen any of this type in any stopre that sells the powerballs. They still mainly sells the 250Hx with and without the counter.

I mainly use the powerball for upperarm feats, even if its fun to try to use it for racing. A heavier powerball would be nice to have lower external rotational speeds for same resistance, to be able as the bodybuilders say "gain contact" with your muscles.

I might use wrong technique for getting those almost fantastic results at 15k-16k. I mainly use my wrists to rev up the Powerball all between 13k to 14k just by wrist rotation, this since I use ot to maintain strength and warm up for gripping and armwrestling.

The actual weight remains the same whether or not the rotor is spinning and yes it is quite a bit heavier than the 250hz.

The metal is also bigger than the 250hz. It has lots of torque to it and because it's rotor is very heavy and dense it continues to spin long after you stop powering it. If and when you get a metal one I would advise you to use caution. It's easy to injure yourself if you're not careful.

Personally I lose my grip around 9600-10000 rpms.

The metal ones have been largely unavailable since they were first released around September. I think they sold out in about two weeks and then the second batch (Dec) sold out in a few days. The third batch was basicly all accounted for before they became available. Last I heard a fourth shipment is due around May 1st. So get in line and get em before they're gone again!

The only ones I've seen in retail stores are the lower quality models. This site is your best resource with the best selection.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by roadkil
    The actual weight remains the same whether or not the rotor is spinning and yes it is quite a bit heavier than the 250hz.

The metal is also bigger than the 250hz. It has lots of torque to it and because it's rotor is very heavy and dense it continues to spin long after you stop powering it. If and when you get a metal one I would advise you to use caution. It's easy to injure yourself if you're not careful.

Personally I lose my grip around 9600-10000 rpms.

The metal ones have been largely unavailable since they were first released around September. I think they sold out in about two weeks and then the second batch (Dec) sold out in a few days. The third batch was basicly all accounted for before they became available. Last I heard a fourth shipment is due around May 1st. So get in line and get em before they're gone again!

The only ones I've seen in retail stores are the lower quality models. This site is your best resource with the best selection.
    Believe it or not , but here in sweden the original NSG Powerballs are available at some special stores. UInfortunately they have only the 250Hz and techno type. I think I'll get one metal, just because of the reason it would be much hevier

Believe me it is drasticly different than the 250 hz. It should do wonders for your grip strength and arm wrestling performance.

However I can't stress enough to use caution with it at first. There have been several injuries reported here (I believe even the mighty Akis) from very experienced and accomplished users.

The beast that is the metal has taken lots before it! Treat it with reverance!
    That aside what CoC?, No. 3 I can do No.2 for 6 supported reps! 195lb crush
    Last edited by Autolupus; 19-04-2006 at 23:06.

The Metal may be twice as heavy, but it produces more than twice as much torque. I reckon three or four times more torque than a 250Hz. (Wish there was an easy way to measure it.)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena1in
    The Metal may be twice as heavy, but it produces more than twice as much torque. I reckon three or four times more torque than a 250Hz. (Wish there was an easy way to measure it.)
    I must have it Where does the queue start ?