Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Powerball Suggestions

  1. #1
    user Guest

    Default Powerball Suggestions

    Here are just a few ideas that I have conjured up whilst using this amazing little ball:

    1) Would it be possible to add a timer to the computer? Just so you don't have to "clock watch" and ensure that you do not over do it each session?

    2)Would there be some way to enable the Powerball to generate power? e.g. turn it into a little generator so you could charge your phone?

    3) The computer is in a bit of an awkward position, (for example if you want to see how many rpm's you are doing mid run). Would it be possible for an additional LCD to be mounted on a band which could go over the hand you are exercising that could give you the read out?

    Appologies if any of these ideas seam a bit far fetched.


    Jonathan

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Great ideas. I have a couple of my own and hope you don't mind me commenting on yours.

    Your 1st idea:
    Definitly would be nice, perhaps adding a beeping feature to signal the end/begining of a run.

    Your 3rd idea:
    I agree completely. It should be possible to separate the sensor on the computer, allowing the computer to be on a wrist strap with a wire running to the sensor.

    My idea:
    Would it be possible to rubber-coat the powerballs? This is more directed toward the metal, as it tends to be slick everywhere but the grip band(that is why my score is only 10368). I am going to try doing this to my Metal (being EXTREMELY carfull) using some rubber dip i bought at the hardware store. I'll update here after I try it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Hello Pike.
    you better use a balloon for that.
    cut it, clean it and put it all over the metal.
    i seems to work fine.
    Theres a thread about it.
    ^^

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM in the USA
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by user
    ...Would there be some way to enable the Powerball to generate power? e.g. turn it into a little generator so you could charge your phone?

    I think this one is a great idea and definitely something that can be done. It would have a plug that allows it to also recharge your phone. I also think it would be cool to power a flashlight or an mp3 player with these little guys too!


    Always Powerballing,
    Duane Cash

    --Put your mind, body, and soul to it! - www.powerballs.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Hi there,

    Quote Originally Posted by user
    1) Would it be possible to add a timer to the computer? Just so you don't have to "clock watch" and ensure that you do not over do it each session?
    Already existing. You can find the little program on the Gyrotek website. Additionally, a BT counter will be available in the near future including software.

    Quote Originally Posted by user
    2)Would there be some way to enable the Powerball to generate power? e.g. turn it into a little generator so you could charge your phone?
    Already there. Not for sale on this website, so I guess I'm not allowed to post the reference over here. Just google around.

    Quote Originally Posted by user
    3) The computer is in a bit of an awkward position, (for example if you want to see how many rpm's you are doing mid run). Would it be possible for an additional LCD to be mounted on a band which could go over the hand you are exercising that could give you the read out?
    Try using the rotor-facing-palm grip. This also prevents a sore palm due to the counter pressing into it. If this doesn't work for you, the BT counter may be an option (although it sticks out a little more than the conventional counter).

    Kind regards,
    Dennis

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hampshire, England.
    Posts
    5,390

    Default

    As Dennis says, all these ideas are either already in existence, or will soon appear here.

    I know not everyone wants their computer on at the same time, but someone did write a very useful little timer program, which can be set to count 30, 60 or 90 seconds, and it beeps at the end. I use that when I'm doing endurance runs at the computer. Otherwise I use the timer on my phone.

    The power ball which allows you to charge your mobile phone, or the built-on torch, is quite a nifty product, but it doesn't work on all phones, and it never worked with mine unfortunately. Perhaps it will with my new one, but haven't tried it yet.

    The Bluetooth counter should be available soon, and this will allow you to spin the Powerball while watching the results on a computer screen or Symbian mobile phone. I've got a test version of the software, which includes 30, 60 and 90 second endurance functions as well, so would negate the need for a separate timer.

    What I'd really like to see is a power ball device which can be used to charge more than just phones or MP3 players...the amount I've been Powerballing lately I could run my house!!

    I'd also like to see more "gimmicks", such as multi-colour LED Neons.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena1in
    ...such as multi-colour LED Neons...
    As the one in my avatar =P.
    they look pretty cool... am waiting for RPM sports to start selling those, and i hope they star selling the golden rotor for the 350Hz.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena1in
    I know not everyone wants their computer on at the same time, but someone did write a very useful little timer program, which can be set to count 30, 60 or 90 seconds, and it beeps at the end. I use that when I'm doing endurance runs at the computer. Otherwise I use the timer on my phone.
    Yep, that was me
    You can also type any number of seconds into the box and it will count down for that - useful for 20mins / whatever runs.

    http://powerballs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=923

    Stephen

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    813

    Default

    i just put some music on so i can see the seconds running throw the song.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    Old fashioned analog clock for me. But hey, thats a cool program stephenk made.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •