Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't bother with Express Shipping

I am slightly at a loss though Chris as to how this is going to make any difference... do you simply want proof that we actually shipped the Powerballs?
    Very simply put, yes. That's all I asked for to start with. I have never once asked for a tracking number. Other people on the forums are the ones that brought up the tracking number issue. Good thing I didn't ask for a tracking number on the forums. I asked for proof of shipment.

Yes I have checked with the Post Office and they have told me what I already knew. Without a tracking number there is nothing they can do. We live in a small city and the mail carrier actually comes to every door to deliver items. In addition I shipped it to a business address where there is someone at the front desk all day, so I know 100% that attempted delivery has not occurred.

I don't really need to check out other parts of the website to find out about Powerballs. I already own one and have ordered these other 3 for people in my office. My powerball did come from a different source so it is not exactly the same, but I am sure they perform similiarly.

I hope that this is resolved in the near future and that my view of RPM sports will change, but as it sits it has been 11 business days which is almost twice as long as the 6 maximum estimated days for shipping and I still don't have my order.

I am slightly at a loss though Chris as to how this is going to make any difference... do you simply want proof that we actually shipped the Powerballs?
    Very simply put, yes. That's all I asked for to start with. I have never once asked for a tracking number. Other people on the forums are the ones that brought up the tracking number issue. Good thing I didn't ask for a tracking number on the forums. I asked for proof of shipment.

Did you not receive a confirmation of shipment e-mail after placing your order?
    No I did not receive notification. I was told that it was most likely blocked by my SPAM filter or "lost in cyberspace". Since I deal with people trying to blame lost email on a multitude of stupid reasons I don't believe that emails get 'lost'. I have checked with our network admin and he has checked our email log files and no attempted email delivery was made and I have my spam filters turned completely off. The email was plainly never sent.

Yes I have checked with the Post Office and they have told me what I already knew. Without a tracking number there is nothing they can do. We live in a small city and the mail carrier actually comes to every door to deliver items. In addition I shipped it to a business address where there is someone at the front desk all day, so I know 100% that attempted delivery has not occurred.

I don't really need to check out other parts of the website to find out about Powerballs. I already own one and have ordered these other 3 for people in my office. My powerball did come from a different source so it is not exactly the same, but I am sure they perform similiarly.

I hope that this is resolved in the near future and that my view of RPM sports will change, but as it sits it has been 11 business days which is almost twice as long as the 6 maximum estimated days for shipping and I still don't have my order.

Quote Originally Posted by loki_racer
    No I did not receive notification. I was told that it was most likely blocked by my SPAM filter or "lost in cyberspace". Since I deal with people trying to blame lost email on a multitude of stupid reasons I don't believe that emails get 'lost'. I have checked with our network admin and he has checked our email log files and no attempted email delivery was made and I have my spam filters turned completely off. The email was plainly never sent.
    Unfortunately Chris you are wrong.. emails do get lost.. and for a variety of reasons. There can be DNS issues, routing issues, problems with mail queues on SMTP servers, latency, firewalls, SPAM filtering issues, backup MX issues.. and that's to name but a few of the common ones. Your confirmation message was sent along with the others relating to orders that day - once the mail left our server I cannot say.. it will travel across many networks to which we have no access for logging.

I am a systems administrator, and developer so I know these things and have experienced them on many occasions first-hand.

I have emailed you one of the receipts for deliveries sent to the US for the 15th - your package is listed and I have marked it for your reference.

Regarding your dealings with the Post Office, we have often found that packages which could not be delivered will be held at your local post office for you to collect. If not collected within 15 days they are returned to us as undelivered. This is the procedure in US Post Offices and is always used for parcels which are sent by regular post.

Regards

Enda
    --
    Take a 2 minute visual Powerball Tour!
    Questions? Make sure to visit our FAQ section for some fast remedies!

Just out of interest, Chris, were you breast fed as a child?
    It does seem to me that you have certain issues!
    Perhaps this is a cry for help!
    Vis a vis RPM sports, I have never come across a more customer orientated company, they are courteous, efficient, professional and will bend over backwards to help you out if you have a problem.
    Last edited by Autolupus; 30-06-2006 at 17:14.

Hi Chris,

I also had an order that took a long time to get here, over 10 days. The end result was that the balls were held up in customs. I suspect this is what's happening with yours as well.

My package had no customs label attached to it by RPM sports, perhaps they don't do this in Ireland, but that caused the customs officials to open it up, inspect it, re-evaluate it's worth, label it as 'baseballs' and send it back out to me, with a $26 duty fee.

Yay customs.

Anyways, that could be what's holding it up, and in that case I don't think the post-office would even know where it was.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Autolupus
    Just out of interest, Chris, were you breast fed as a child?
    It does seem to me that you have certain issues!
    Perhaps this is a cry for help!
    Vis a vis RPM sports, I have never come across a more customer orientated company, they are curtious, efficient, professional and will bend over backwards to help you out if you have a problem.
    Aw come on!

Lets not insult Chris please... Fair is fair.. he feels that he has a grievance with us and we will deal with it as always and hopefully resolve it to his satisfaction.

But, of course, thanks for your kind words about RPM sports!

Regards

Enda
    --

I love when people have nothing better to say and are forced to resort to personal attacks as a feeble attempt to join a conversation. But I'll take the bait.......is there something wrong with being breast feed? Or are you just jealous?

I too know just a little about networks and the like. We have 4 main MX records resolving to 4 different servers and 2 backups. Our DNS records have been established for a couple months, and like I said no spam filters.

Yet, again, I will tell you that the post office doesn't have the package. We have contacted them twice. It is against the law for them to just hold a package at the post office without notifying you. I find it hard to believe that they would just return a package without ever trying to contact me, especially since we are in such a small town and I am less than a block from the post office.

I have a feeling too, if the package was indeed shipped, that it is being help in customs. We shall see. If so, then this thread will serve as a good reinforcement of RPM's good qualities.
    Last edited by loki_racer; 29-06-2006 at 22:00.

I too know just a little about networks and the like. We have 4 main MX records resolving to 4 different servers and 2 backups. Our DNS records have been established for a couple months, and like I said no spam filters.
    There are a lot of hops between here and there Chris where the mail can get delayed or lost. But, as I emailed you earlier today - the reason you didn't get the last email was you left out the 'm' in the '.com' on your original email address when ordering.

I resent your confirmation email and also included both a copy of the label which was attached to your package and the postal receipt which included your shipment on the 15th.

Yet, again, I will tell you that the post office doesn't have the package. We have contacted them twice. It is against the law for them to just hold a package at the post office without notifying you. I find it hard to believe that they would just return a package without ever trying to contact me, especially since we are in such a small town and I am less than a block from the post office.
    As Matthew said this morning, it could have been that the post office left a note which was blown away or otherwise misplaced - this is why we always ask you to check.

I have a feeling too, if the package was indeed shipped, that it is being help in customs. We shall see.
    We take all reasonable steps to ensure that packages are not stopped by customs, including attaching the relevant customs declaration stickers. We generally find that there are no problems in this respect since the Powerballs enter the country though the postal system and not though a carrier such as UPS or TNT.

Of course we have no control over customs, and the packages (if any) they choose to hold for inspection and/or duties they [may] choose to apply to imports though it would certainly account for the extended delay in receipt of your order in this case.

"if the package was indeed shipped"... I really don't know Chris.. I emailed you the proof of shipment, explained the fact that you did not get the shipment email, and have answered all of your queries.. what more can I do?

Regards

Enda
    --

I think everyone who is attacking Chris should just keep out of it. Let's let Enda and Chris discuss this without the need to include insults or taunts. I suggest this thread gets closed and somehow a private thread or chatroom is created just for Chris and Enda. That's my 2c hehe

Hello Chris, I was breast fed too!
    Sorry for the nasty inference! I was guessing you weren't!
    Stay with them, you'll find they're a brilliant enterprise!
    You've also found(I'm guessing) that the forum is a lively and vibrant community!