Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't bother with Express Shipping

Hang in there Chris, they won't let you down. My first order took a day or 2 longer than I expected, I believe it was 8 days later I recieved it which in my book ain't bad. At least they are refunding you the whole shipping cost, thats gotta say something about these people, don't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by loki_racer
    I never said RPM had defrauded me. I said that people should protect themselves when ordering, especially from a company not within the US.
    am just curious.. what does that mean??
    Regards

It means that when ordered anything from a country other than the one you live in, you should make sure that you use a credit card. Credit cards are able to refund money from purchases if they deem that the transaction was fraudulent, where as a debit card does not have this protection.

If you use a debit card, the money is withdrawl from your banking account instantly and you have no recourse if something happens.

It means that when ordered anything from a country other than the one you live in, you should make sure that you use a credit card. Credit cards are able to refund money from purchases if they deem that the transaction was fraudulent, where as a debit card does not have this protection.

If you use a debit card, the money is withdrawl from your banking account instantly and you have no recourse if something happens.
    thats true.
    it seems that you were the unlucky guy who made a purchase a product on the web and well.. it seems that they are late.
    i hope you understand that RPM sports its a good company which offers great products with a fine "attention" for his clients..
    i do hope that your powerballs arrive soon, and i hope that you understand that its not the companies fault... you just were unlucky.
    Hoping the Best to Chris ^^
    Regards and cheer up

I do understand that it is the companies fault. People ship things with USPS and other countries mail carriers everyday without problems. Those people also keep their receipts as proof of shipping. It is the company's business to ensure that their customer receives the product they pay for.

You can't just hand a package off to USPS and say good luck, hope it reaches its destination. The company has a responsibilty to ensure that the shipping providers that they use can provide reliable service. If they can't then they either need to stop shipping products to that country or use a different carrier.

This problem is 100% not my fault, leaving it the fault of RPM's and the companies they employ to provide shipping of their products. It is not the customer's responsibility to track down a package that hasn't been received. This could easily be solved by providing proof of shipment. Since RPM decided not to do this, I was forced to take it to the next level by making my opinions public so that others could be forewarned of the handsoff approach RPM takes to shipping issues.

It's called international shipping. First of all, don't ever expect USPS to deliver anything on time -- if you haven't experienced this, then you're one of the few lucky ones. Add into the mix ordering from across the pond and you are bound to get significant delays.

How do you think RPM can guarantee the reliability of USPS anyway? Of course they're going to hand it off to the postal service and expect the package will be delivered because that's the job of the postal service. Otherwise RPM would have their own private jets and a fleet trucks.

Blaming RPM because they rely on the same shipment methods as thousands (probably millions) of other people and businesses is simply childish. Have a little patience!

Hey, look what I found:

"If they are not delivered tomorrow I will forced to contact my credit card company and notify them of fraudulent charges made by your company."

Then later:

"I would advise anyone placing orders with powerballs.com to use a credit card and not a debit card so that in the case that you don't receive the powerballs you can contact the credit card company and file a fraudulent charge complaint for the purchase of the powerballs and get refunded the money."

And again:

"I would like to ask anyone to quote me where I said RPM had defrauded me of anything. Good luck doing that, since I never said they did.

I simple informed people to be careful when ordering from them and not to use a debit card, because there is no fraud protection on debit cards. This is however, fraud protection on most credit cards.

I love how I post a thread about how people should not purchase the express delivery option and that they should protect themselves with a credit card that provides fraud protection and everyone gets angry.
    "

So he didn't say that RPM defrauded him (in so many words), but it sure was implied!

On top of all that, Enda has remained very professional despite your angry e-mails, and she even offered to refund the shipping costs.

I don't care how RPM or any other company goes about guaranteeing shipment of purchases, that's not my problem. As the company that uses another company(USPS) to ship their product, the responsibility of getting the product to the customer is still with the selling company(RPM). So what happens if RPM ships an item and the packaging falls apart in shipping? I guess that would be the fault of the box maker.

I don't have to be patient. RPM has stated many times that their products arrive in about 3-6 days when using express delivery. It has now been at least twice that time, if not more, and I still do not have the items I ordered.

I never implied anything. I have not stated that RPM defrauded me in anyway shape or form. That is not for me to decide. If I decide to turn this over to my credit card company, they will decide if fraudulent charges have occurred.

This no reply from RPM with shipping information. Interesting.

My emails haven't been angry. I simply stated what I planned to do if RPM could not produce proof of shipping. I don't want a refunded shipping fee. I either want the product(proof of shipping would hold be over for a week maybe) or I want a full refund. Pretty simple.

I think they already made it quite clear that tracking simply isn't possible with your order. Did you not receive a confirmation of shipment e-mail after placing your order? What other proof do you want if a tracking number is not available?

I still can't understand why you think RPM is to blame when they have told you repeatedly that your order was shipped. Once it's in the hands of the postal service it is the responsibility of the postal service to deliver, period. Even if RPM provided tracking for orders it would still be on the postal service to guarantee accurate tracking. What is RPM supposed to do? Travel with the package all the way to your door to make sure USPS doesn't lose it?

Have you even checked with your local USPS to see if the package is waiting for you there like Enda suggested? Many times I have not been at home when UPS, FedEx, or USPS tried to deliver something. UPS and FedEx generally try to deliver again the next day, but USPS often holds the package at the local office. Of course, they also leave a note for you in that case, but who knows if that didn't blow away?

Chris,

Good morning.

I'll have a scanned copy of the receipt for your Powerballs later today - I'll email it to you about 9am GMT.

I am slightly at a loss though Chris as to how this is going to make any difference... do you simply want proof that we actually shipped the Powerballs?

I can confirm however that yours is one of only two orders which seems to have suffered such delays in the past 3 weeks. Bearing in mind that we have shipped a huge number of Powerballs to end users all over the world in that time, its not bad.

In your case, the delay is exclusively with the USPS. We shipped the Powerballs in good faith using an International Priority Service which sends the Powerballs overnight to the US, where they then enter the USPS and responsibility for delivery rests with them.

Nonetheless, as I would hope you have now realised, we never adopt a 'hands-off' approach to anything customer related. I have worked with you over the last number of days to answer all of your queries in a timely and courteous manner and have been available from 7am - after 10pm GMT to answer your queries.

I have made several suggestions to you which will help to resolve this and help us to ascertain what has caused the delay with your shipment and even gone so far as to refund your complete shipping charge. I have worked patiently to answer your queries Chris and will continue to do so until this matter is brought to a successful conclusion.

Please wait for my email in approx two hours.

And Chris, I would encourage you to please visit other areas of the forum - why not ask some questions about the product, or even mention the reason for your initial purchase. There is a wealth of information here, and indeed the Powerball maestros from around the world have been known to visit and will as always be happy to answer any questions you might have in the mean-time about Powerball.

Regards

Enda
    --
    Take a 2 minute visual Powerball Tour!
    Questions? Make sure to visit our FAQ section for some fast remedies!

I was forced to take it to the next level by making my opinions public so that others could be forewarned of the handsoff approach RPM takes to shipping issues.
    Well, quite simply, I think you're the only one who feels this way.

I do appreciate your comments about using credit cards rather than debit cards when ordering things. I spent £150 on computer products once using a debit card, and the company went bankrupt...there was absolutely nothing I could do to get my money back. Yet when some low-life stole £2000 from me using my credit card details, I got the money back within days.

However, having said that, I have 100% faith in RPM Sports, and I would say that if anyone wants to order from them using a Debit Card then you can rest assured your transaction will be treated with respect and honesty and a good service.