Thread: Very bad clicking

Default Very bad clicking

Hi,

First of all let me apologise for the name, I didn't double check it before registering so it has weird capitals in it.

My problem is that the rotor clicks very badly as it rotates. Not the normal click that occurs if you are spinning it incorrectly to create momentum but a serious mechanical error that causes the whole powerball to judder as you spin it and the frequency of these clicks increases directly proportional to the speed at which you rotate the powerball.

I've sent a query to the powerball team however I was unsure of who to contact specifically so I just sent it to general troubleshooting - will my query still be answered?

Also, I'd like to take the powerball apart however I am afraid that this would null any claims I made for spare parts as it could be suggested that I damaged the product further by dismantling it. Should I dismantle it or should I just leave it to the people who know what they're doing (bearing in mind if I dismantle is successfully, it could just be a matter of spare parts needed).

Thank you for your time.

EDIT:: Forgot to add I have had the powerball for 3 weeks and this is the first time something like this has happened
    Last edited by cYFER; 01-05-2012 at 21:12.

Hi cYFER, Welcome to the forum and don't feel bad about your name, it makes you unique here.

First of all, you will have to open your Powerball (as guided on the NSDPowerball wepsite) and inspect every part
    to see what's causing the ''judder''!

Here is a list of things to look for:

1. Ware and tare particles on the internal surface area of both the shells(must be clean and free from any grooves/bumps)
    2. The support ring (where the axle edges comes through, must be round and not wharn to oval shape)
    3. Inspect the rotor (the support fins must be free from any fine cracks-this is a common problem with neon powerballs).

If any of these parts are damadged you can send an e-mail to repairs@powerballs.com and these guys will respond, they're the best in the world!

Ps. Don't worry about damadging or loosing a claim after opening the powerball! Everything on your powerball is covered even if it was dropped. You won't get such a good gaurantee anywhere in the world!

Cheers

Hentie

Maybe send it to powerball service?