Thread: Is there a way to make the "screamer" stop to scream ???

Default Is there a way to make the "screamer" stop to scream ???

Hi,
    I bought the screamer model (by accident, I did not saw that I was buyng that) and now I am bothering all my colleges at the office . Is there a way for me to make my powerball not scream anymore? I don't know if I can buy the non-screamer rotor.
    If some one has a suggestion for it I would appreciate.

I think you could make it more silent by blocking the holes in the rotor.

1. Unwrap the rubber band around the ball
    2. Remove two tiny screws from both sides
    3. Open the ball (twist hard a slotted screwdriver in the cavity that goes around the ball for example)
    4. Use scotch tape or whatever to block the holes but don't use it too much not to unbalance the rotor

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by marcellokera View Post
    Hi,
    I bought the screamer model (by accident, I did not saw that I was buyng that) and now I am bothering all my colleges at the office . Is there a way for me to make my powerball not scream anymore? I don't know if I can buy the non-screamer rotor.
    I will fill the holes equally with an apoxy!

I'm fairly sure any modifications to the rotor will affect the balance, he rotor in the powerball is balnced very delicately as it has to spin in thousands of revs p.m.
    But, if you want to spin it only in low revs.. lets say 5-7 k, it should be ok to fill in the holes with something weightless. If you want to spin it at 10-12k or higher i would not advise you to do any modifications to the rotor as it creates vibrations that are not really good for your hand.
    I'd just go to the official distributor in your country or just mail them and bought a new "regular" 250 Hz rotor, using the first 3 steps that tburke wrote, open it and exchange them. The rotors are compatible with the shell. You can also switch it back to the screamer anytime you want to do some noise

Quote Originally Posted by marcellokera View Post
    Hi,
    Can't you turn the sound off?